EPC - Energy Performance Certificate

From April 2008 all new-build commercial and residential properties need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

From October 2008 all commercial and residential properties will need an EPC when built, modified, sold or rented.

From January 2009 all existing commercial properties need an EPC when sold or rented.

An EPC shows the energy rating of a building rated from A (best) to G. EPCs can only be obtained by an accredited energy assessor. We will provide you with a checklist of what information you need to provide to obtain your EPC.

Common Terms

BCO: Building Control Officer

BER: Building Emission Rate

BRUKL: Building Regulations United Kingdom Part L

DEC: Display Energy Certificate

DER: Dwelling Emission Rate

EPC: Energy Performance Certificate

MEES: Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards

SAP: Standard Assessment Procedure

SBEM: Simplified Building Energy Model

TER: Target Emission Rate

Quick Email

Your email address


website design: wrathweb
Tel: 07801 294376
email: info@part-L-surveys.co.uk

Commercial & Domestic EPC - Energy Performance Certificates

Tel: 07801 294376email: info@part-L-surveys.co.ukPLSnewwebheader3